Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lord Help Me I Like a Fatty!

Paul Blart Mall Cop, what can I say, stupid, mindless, vacuous, ridiculous-I loved it! Call me crazy, but I love to watch a fatty fall down-OK I like to watch anyone fall down-don't judege me if I were the only one Americas Funniest Home Vides wouldn't be in its gazillionth season! Kevin James has the late John Ritters gift for physicla comedy. He falls down, he rolls, he falls asleep mid sandwich,he fights the bad guys. And he does it all while trying to maintain his dignity as a lowly mall guard. Well, dignity may be a stretch, James and Sandler go for the obvious laughs, and they acheive their goal. James is funny, the movie is stupid, but its not like you don't know that going in, so why not laugh.

Seriously, I defy you not to laugh at Blart on his Seqway, especially when he rolls into a Minivan, its good stuff. Among my favorite scenes, the obligatory movie montage-with a twist-Blart on his Segway for his dating profile. Or the "large" woman who beats him to a pulp in a Victorias Secret store (allthough I did question the validity of this scence-when have you ever seen a big gal in VS? Unless you've seen me buying makeup-I ain't gonna happen!) I defy you not to laugh, perhaps even snort at Blarts antics, his Hello Kitty bandaide for his "wound" was priceless! And his mustache-don't get me started about the "stache" that alone was worth the price of admission.

I am a snob when it comes to movies, I rarely like anything, I make no apologies for this, if I'm spending money I want-NO I expect- to be entertained. Most movies have graniose budgets, big stars, big sets which amount to big expectations and they FAIL, they miss the mark entirely.

Kevin James and Adam Sandler are entertaining, they've made an art form out of stupid (well maybe not art) and I like it! They're work together on I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry was just plain unadulterated fun! I went in with zero expectations and laughed like drunken idiot. I like it and I want more, who needs cocktails when I can have this much fun sober-OK-maybe I've gone to far!

Thank you Happy Madison Productions I needed a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment